Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I Am a Princess

My father loves me. My father challenges me. My father chose me. My Father is Jesus. My Father is a King. That makes me a Princess.

This is what we talked about last week. The Father Heart of God. And what a week it was for me. Challenging, painful at times, but refreshing.

As we were going through lectures with David Stephenson from YWAM New Castle, Australia, I felt like everything I was hearing was brand new. And that's because, in a sense, it was. Last quarter during music DTS, I purposely did not listen. That's bold, but true. I knew with a topic like Father Heart, I was going to have to face the fact that I don't have an earthly father; something I was no ready to deal with. Since then, God has worked on my heart, preparing me to have this topic again, preparing not only my ears, but my heart to listen as well.

Have you ever taken a second to ask God how he sees you? It may, or may not be one of the scariest things you ever do. Typically, if there is an area of sin in your life, than it's hard to believe that God sees us as His children. Children whom he loves. If that is the case, there is only one thing to do. Walk in humility... confess that sin, and be vulnerable. And that is the most beautiful thing to God; Humility & Vulnerability. Humility is seeing yourself as God sees you. Do you want to be beautiful to God? Cause I know I do. So it is a challenge to me.... to walk in humility. 

The subject of God being our Father is so sunday school, but do we really believe it in our hearts? Do we live our lives in such a way that reflects that? As our Father, God desires that we claim Him as "Dad" -- " I myself said, 'How gladly would I treat you like my children and give you a pleasant land, the most beautiful inheritance of any nation.' I thought you would call me 'Father' and not turn away from following me" [Jeremiah 3:19] Some of the saddest words I have ever read in the Bible..."I thought you would call me Father." To think that at times I don't claim God as my Father, when he desires us to. Because only HE can provide everything we need. Yes, we may have wonderful earthly fathers, but not perfect. But God is perfect.


Did you know, in Bible times [Roman times], you could legally divorce your natural children? However, if you adopted a child, you could not divorce them, because the parent chose them. And guess what -- we are chosen -- officially and legally adopted by God. -- Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God - children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or husband's will, but born of God [John 1:12-13] HOW COOL! This means that our Father will never, ever, ever abandon us. 
-
With this knowledge, it's time to re-script our view. If we view ourselves as crap, we will probably treat ourselves like crap. If we view ourselves as beloved of God, we will act as such. There is a war for our identity. This goes back to the humility thing too. Sometimes, we have false humility. But false humility is another form of pride. If we see ourselves too lowly...or too highly, we are putting our opinions over the opinions of our Father. So, let's just let God love us, let him tell us who we are, and rest in that! There is no reason to have guilt [guilt says "i have done something wrong"] or shame [shame says "there's something wrong with me"]. He loves us despite of our past, present, and future! How amazing.

These are just some of the things that God taught me over the week, and then it came time to application. Here is where more revelation come in. -- On Friday, we were supposed to address areas of hurt, or sin due to wrong views of the Father. I had several. First off, I realized that the reason I had not wanted to pay attention to other Father Heart-ish type things is because I felt that it meant I had to let go of my earthly Father and his death. Something I was not willing to do. But that is a wrong assumption, God does not replace our earthly fathers, He simply comes to show us perfect love. The Hurt.

There have been a few major disappointments in my life. Things that have evoked many emotions. God revealed to me this week that in the past, I have taken these disappointments, held on to the emotion, and acted out, instead of letting God come and minister his Father heart to me. When we have revealed truth like this come to our life, we are held responsible to apply it. Now that this has been revealed to me, I must apply it. Therefore, I know that when things in life come, and I face disappointment [which will continue to happen in life], I must press into God.

SO that is what God has been doing in my life. I am so passionate about this, and just had to share because I feel like it's something that many people need to hear!

Love you guys. 


No comments:

Post a Comment