Sunday, May 12, 2013

The start of something new...

Half way. 

I am at the half-way mark of my time at home. I have been home 5 weeks as of today, and have just a few days over 5 weeks before I return to Perth, Australia. 
It's been such an interesting ride being at home. Initially it was very strange. In once sense it felt like an eternity since I had been home, in another since, it seems like I never left. My house, my car, my dog, being with my mom, and driving around Charlotte seemed like things I had never left. But in fact I left them for a long while, and now return looking at them differently.
Yes, Charlotte is my hometown, but it no longer my home. Not for now. My home is Perth. Charlotte is temporary for me. However, I am called here for this time. But why? That is what I am still asking God to reveal to me everyday.

Since being home, I have done so much. This last week, one of my very best friends came to stay with me for a week from DTS. It has been over 8 months since we have seen each other, and it was wonderful to be back with her. I have also been working a lot at Chick-fil-A. Talk about a mission field. I have several co-workers who are muslim, and many who are apathetic to religion. My heart yearns for them.
The other day, my co-worker said she had been going to the Muslim Mosque
to pray with her dad, because at "regular church" she didn't  feel anything

This made me want to cry... obviously she has had the wrong view of God... our relationship with God is not based on feeling. This really fired me up, and made me want to reach out to those who have a wrong view of who God is!

It has been tough being home, I would be lying if I said it's been easy. Not being in the routine of the daily life in YWAM, not being with my friends (most of them away at school) and having to be SUPER intentional about quiet times has been rough. But I have the future to look forward to..... And this is what it is......

BAND MINISTRY
If you have read my blog, you know that I am going to be joining full-time staff ranks with YWAM Perth at the end of June/beginning of July. I have shared my heart for missions, and I have shared how God called me, but one thing I have not shared are the specifics! So here they are (from what I can tell you)

When I join YWAM Perth on staff, I will be apart of a ministry. Now this ministry does not have an official name yet, so for now it is the "band ministry." When I was in music DTS, I was put through a sort of audition per say. There are four of us, one already on staff, and then three of us apart of the music DTS. The other three are boys, and then me. Two Aussies, and two americans. We will be forming a band.

Now the heart of this band is to change the music industry; to write secular music with a Christian world-view and biblical foundation. We know that there is a need for christians, missionaries even, to be in ever aspect of society. We are the ones reaching out to those in the music industry. Writing this kind of music not only reaches out to fans, but to others involved in the industry. 

We will be spending time in the word and in worship coming up with vision, goals, a band name, and then begin to write music. With the music written, we will begin to record and market ourselves. Then comes the performance. 

We have the oppertunity to get involved in Perth in public and secular venues. Using performance as a way to bridge the gap between believers and non-believers, and cultures to cultures. We can use music to form relationhsips with people who own these venues and a way to evangelize. 

When we go on overseas or farther outreaches, we will be able to not only perform, but to serve in the local communities and churches! It is going to be amazing to see God move in the music industry, and in our own lives!



If you know me, you know this is a PERFECT fit for me. This is what I have ALWAYS wanted to do, and if anything, doing this under the protective covering of YWAM is the way to go! Who knows what God has in store for me....

It's a journey, and I'm ready for it!



If you want to know more, or know how you can give towards this cause, email me at graceeggers@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment