Saturday, May 31, 2014

Back in action //

I am about to begin my second full year as apart of YWAM Perth's full time staff.

I just returned to Perth, Australia after a ten week stent in America both touring with my band and spending a few weeks in Charlotte catching up with family, friends, and dear supporters. 

As a part of my return, I have really been asking God for goals for this year. They all have to do with discipline. One of them being discipline in my communication back home and keeping people fully informed with what I am up to! So, to aid in that, I am making it a priority to keep this blog updated with all the latest happenings here in Perth, with my band Della Fern, and in all the things going on in my little heart. 

I am excited to see God work in and through me this year in YWAM and really have no idea what this next year will look like aside from a few broad things. But before I get into that.... let's recap.

|| R E C A P. ||

Della Fern. My band here, Della Fern, is the bomb. I am so in love with what God has me doing here in Perth. Della Fern being the focus. Music is for me. I am for music. I know that music is what I'll be doing at least for....well.... the rest of my life. It's what I am passionate about. It's where God has gifted me, and its the call on my life. Music and missions. What more could I ask for. 

In the last year, Della Fern has taken baby steps. Large baby steps. We have done both a regional and international tour, and we have recorded an EP. There have been so many doors that have opened up for us and opportunities that we have gotten to say "yes" to that I imagine some bands never dreaming of in their first year as a band. Favor. That's what I call favor. Yes, we have had our hard times and uncertainties, but God is greater, isn't He?

On this last tour in America, God really gave me a heart for my own country. Not just the music industry (which I've always been passionate about) but the actual state that my country is in and the lack of desperation there is for Jesus. Not only did our band get to tour and minister in the secular scene, but we were with a team from our campus in Perth doing ministry in churches, schools, universities, and youth groups -- teaching on the Great Commission mapped out in Matthew 28:18-20. It was incredible to see people's eyes opened that they don't have to necessarily go to Africa or Asia to be a missionary, but to instead can be a missionary in their own back yard. People were called, and people are going. 

I am so excited to see the fruit from this time!

After tour, I was able to go home to Charlotte, NC. I got to spend lots of time laughing and sharing cuddles with my 3 year old niece Avery and her momma who's got another little cute bub growing inside of her. I got to spend a lot of time with my brothers and momma. I even got to be the maid-of-honor in my best friend, Rikki's wedding. What an amazing time home it was. 

|| N O W. ||

Back in Perth, Della Fern is gearing up to spend the rest of the year here in Australia building relationship, networking, and seeking God's heart for us. We will be releasing our EP "The Great Unknown" here in Australia (we had a great response to it in America). I will have the opportunity to serve on our campus, as well as continuing to seek God's heart for myself. I love the community I live in and I love that I get to call Perth home. 

Now that I am back, I am also reassessing my finances! If you'd like to partner with me and support me in what God's called me to, click on the DONATE tab at the top, or click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment