Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Next Phase

College acceptance is among one of the most anticipated things for a person during their senior year. I have been accepted to all the schools I applied to (App State, University of Tennessee, and Berklee College of Music). I will be going to Berklee, however I won't be starting until fall of 2013. Before starting school, I am going to take a gap year. The following is a letter I am sending out to friends and family explaining what i'll be doing. Some of you will be lucky to get one of these letters in the mail! However I didn't want anyone to miss out on the opportunity to know what God has in store or me in this year and of course to be praying...


Dear friends and family,                                                                                        
Looking back a year ago, I did not imagine that the decisions I am making today would be the ones I would make. This time last year my mom, dad, and I were making plans to travel to Brazil for the month of July. We would vacation, and then do the missions. However, I was more excited about the vacation part. I could see myself on a few short term missions trips, but the thought of doing anything over two weeks scared me.
            When my dad passed away in May last year, every ounce of me resented going. However, the experience that I had in Brazil was absolutely life changing. I was given the opportunity to be the teams worship leader, and after the first day leading worship, I knew that missions would be a big part of my life, if not what I do for the rest of it.
            With all that said, I am excited to announce that I am enrolled in Youth with a Mission (YWAM) Music Discipleship Training School (DTS) in Perth, Australia running from July 1 – December 15, 2012. I believe this is where God wants me for this time in my life, and I am so exited for this door that He has opened for me. I will be in Perth for the first three months where I will learn how to implement music in missions and ministry while really drawing close to the Lord. On the latter half of the school, I will be sent out into the nations to then apply what I have learned.
            I would like to ask you to join with me on this adventure God has by being a prayer warrior. Please pray for safety as I will be doing a lot of traveling, and also for good health. Please pray that I am able to adjust easily to a new environment. And of course pray for my mom who will remain in Charlotte.
Tamara, a precious girl in Brazil

Please prayerfully consider partnering with me financially in the next few months. The estimated cost of my travels, schooling, outreach, and living expenses will be around $10,000. If you would like to support me, please make checks out to Helping Hands Inc. All donations are tax deductable. In order to get the tax write off, please leave the memo line of the check blank, simply attaching a note saying the donation is for me.
Thank you for all your love and support,
Grace Eggers


To support me, please send funds to Helping Hands Inc

Helping Hands Inc
1241 Briar Creek Road
Charlotte, NC 28205

No comments:

Post a Comment