Saturday, July 28, 2012

My hands are really cold right now....

Well, I have officially been gone for a month! It is seriously crazy to think about. I have made so many new friends, best friends, experienced a new culture, been set free from fears and disbeliefs, had an unhealthy amount of TimTams, but most importantly I have been captivated by the lover of my soul, Jesus. 

The people here in Australia, YWAM in particular, are absolutely beautiful people. The hearts, passions, and desire for relationship in these people has changed me. I am still the same Grace Margaret Eggers that I've always been, but a better version. Transformation, revelation, and reconciliation has taken place. Hallelujah! 

This past weeks lectures were on Worship & Intercession. My views of both of these have changed so much. Our speaker, Chris Adams, was SO good! He kept our attention, challenged us, but ultimately, he encouraged us. We had a great time of intercession on Wednesday morning, and a great time of worship on Friday morning. Worship here is amazing, raw, and passionate! 

Monday night, we had our Monday Music Lectures. This week was on Worship Leading. Oh my gosh! Probably my favorite lecture session in general that I have had. As I am called to be a worship leader, I learned so much from this. God is really speaking to me concerning this calling. I realized that education on worship leading, is what I want more of. I'm hungry for more of it! With that said, I am really praying about God's direction for me after DTS. 

Other than that, I am finally adjusted to the schedule and routine here. Waking up for morning excersize is kicking my butt, but it has really disciplined me and gives me no excuse not to have a quiet time. I love that. I see what you did there, YWAM. Lunch Dishes every day is still not very fun, but I am learning to embrace it because I have to deal with it every day. Thursday nights, we have Evangelism. Something that I was scared of at first but now look forward to. And of course my weekends are lovely. Saturdays I tend to devote to doing my weekly journal, spending downtime with friends, and enjoying the views of Perth. Sundays have become Beach Days! The Indian ocean is BEAUTIFUL! Ah, so awesome!

So here is what I'm most excited to tell you about....
This Monday ( IN TWO DAYS ) We find out our OUTREACH LOCATIONS!!!!!! Ah so so so so so so so so so so exciting. After Monday, we will have a week to pray about it (without talking to anyone else about it) and then we get to tell our leaders where we feel God is calling us to in confidence. Sometime after that, our teams will be announced! AH! God has broken my heart for a few nations already, so we will see how it goes!

Anyways, I just finished up watching the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics with some of my favorite people in our dining room. Now, dinner.

I'll be updating you on Monday once our outreach locations are announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment