Sunday, July 1, 2012

Settling in the Land Down Under!

G'day mates! 


Well after nine long months of waiting, it's hard to believe I'm finally here. Not sure that it completely hit me yet, but I am so excited to be here!


For those of you who don't know, two days before I began this incredible adventure, I was diagnosed with mononucleosis. I was so so bummed to find this out. What an awful time to get it. So far, I don't feel as bad as probably could, but I'm definitely not feeling myself. Mainly, my ears throat and nose are bothering me. This means.... my singing voice is not all there. So we will see how it goes. Please pray for continued healing in my body. I am believing that God is already healing me and am praising him in the midst of it, even though it is hard.


Jet lag, what a strange, strange thing. I got a lot of sleep on my 15 hour flight from LA to Sydney, so that was an answer to prayer for sure. Because of that, I probably haven't experienced the extreme jet lag, as some of my fellow ywam-ers have. I have had two nights here so far, and both nights have gone pretty well. However, my mono has caused me to be in a lot of pain (throat and ears) in the middle of the night. Plus I'm not sure that my body is liking me very much. The mono mixed with jet lag is not a good combination. Like I said, please continue to pray for me.


So far, I am love with my new city. Perth is beautiful. Luckily, base is very close to the city so I have gone on several adventures in the city with some of my DTS mates. One of my biggest adventures however has been trying to fit six months of my life onto two shelves that I am allowed! Hehe. Anywho, Speaking of DTS mates, there are 35 of us in Music DTS, and that is a fairly large DTS. 31 of us are already here, and 4 others arrive today. 


Tonight we start orientation, and I am so so excited for DTS to officially begin. The next two days are orientation and then we have registration. I can't wait to see what God does with those of us in Music DTS. I like everyone a whole whole lot. And I'm pretty sure, I found my long-lost-twin here! Anyways, God has already been so faithful to me and has already taught me so much in my two short days here. 


Well, I will have much more to update with as soon as I get into the regular schedule of DTS! Thank you everyone for being faithful in praying for me! 

My two shelves!


Perth is so beautiful. 

The main strip that we have shopped at

Kings Park view of Perth

A view of Perth from Kings Park


No comments:

Post a Comment